Thursday 22 May 2014

Jess Chaplin - Afro-Brazilian Dance



Jess is a self confessed Afro-Brazilian 'aficionado' and will bring the color, energy and the joy of dance from Brazil to Dance Camp Spain she will run workshops during the four day event and we might even get a performance resulting from her workshops......Not to be missed.


Meet Jess

Hi, my name is Jessica, I am 25 years old and I am currently specializing in Afro-Brazilian dance. Ever since I was little I have been a passionate dancer and I have enjoyed learning various different styles including flamenco, belly dancing and contemporary dance. My enthusiasm for Afro-Brazilian dance commenced during my language studies (Spanish and Portuguese) where I got the opportunity to study abroad in Brazil and submerge myself in the culture and dance- scene of this vibrant country .I recently went back to Brazil to pursue my love and further my skills in afro-Brazilian dance. I studied the various different styles of samba. The first part of my stay was spent in Salvador, Bahia, the melting pot of Afro- Brazilian culture and birthplace of samba were I studied the more classical styles of samba including "samba traditional" , "pagoda and "axe." For the second half of my stay I travelled down to Rio de Janeiro were I focused on "samba no pe", the more glamorous and flamboyant style of samba practiced by the "sambistas" in the exuberant parades during the carnival period.

Jess is sure to bring a carnival atmosphere to our event,
don't miss her!

Join us on Facebook Here

No comments:

Post a Comment